gives faculty and students tools to implement activist or service projects in philosophy classes—assignment guidelines, sample projects, and testimonials and data supporting civic engagement results. We welcome contributions from other philosophers involved in this work.
- Prof. Ramona Ilea, Pacific University
- Prof. Susan Hawthorne, St. Catherine University
- Prof. Monica Janzen, Hennepin Technical College
- Prof. Chad Wiener, Pacific University
- Cody Flaherty, St. Catherine University
About CE Projects
Students doing civic engagement projects in their philosophy classes commit to making changes in their communities. The projects help students apply philosophical concepts to real-world issues and real-world experience to philosophical concepts.
“This project served as a way for me to understand the connections between philosophy and the environmental world—something that I had been searching for in many of my other philosophy classes.”